We all have experienced a number of warnings, most commonly associated with teamwork operations. Here is a short list of some of the most recent I have encountered. If you have any additions to make please comment or send me a screen shot of your warnings or errors.
This is an error that comes up when trying to send local data to the Server. This is the result of some kind of corruption of local data that the server is going to refuse to receive.
Attempt to Reconnect to the Server
- Open the “Join Teamwork File” window
- At the top bar click the BIM Server drop down
- Select “Log In to a Different Server”
- Retype in the Server IP or address and the your login credentials
- Cancel from the teamwork menu
- Attempt to resend/receive
If That Fails, Backup the File and Discard/Clean Up Local Data
- Receive Changes (not full S/R)
- Save As an ARCHICAD Solo Project (.pln) to your desktop
- Close the Teamwork project & discard changes
- Open the local data manager & delete the project from the list
- Rejoin the project & copy any lost model content/drafting/or information from the .pln backup
his error is a result of corrupted geometries or portions of the local data that may in turn corrupt the teamwork file.
- Send Anyway
- Resend to verify error does not repeat
This error occurs when an attribute is created within an attribute type that someone else has reserved.
- Request the attribute type listed in the warning
- Send and Receive
This error occurs most frequently due to a corruption in the local data, either in the file or library. Because this can be caused by any number of errors there is a sequence of steps that need to be tested.
- Close ArchiCAD
- Open ArchiCAD and select Browse Teamwork Projects
- Close the teamwork browse window, but leave ArchiCAD open
- Go to Teamwork > Project > Local Data Manager
- Delete all projects and libraries from the local data
- Attempt to join the teamwork project again
- If a warning still occurs, request a cache clean up from the DDC or IT support